Of course the horsey girl in me loves the idea of some cute new breeches or something for Dutchy for my birthday, but you know you are a farm mom when this is what makes the top five wish list:
5. Getting to ride in the outdoor on a sunny, 60 degree day with a slight breeze, no flies, and freshly groomed footing! (For those who snow ski, it's like being the first one on the slopes on a not completely freezing morning!)
4. Not cleaning up any poop of any kind for an entire day (luckily I am only left with 4 legged poop these days as my two legged creatures all sufficiently wipe their own bottoms now :).
3. Getting a hot shower before 10:00 pm without interruption or hearing the word, "MOM!"
2. No rain so all horses can stay outside for the day, which translates into #4 and no crazies the next day.
1. And the greatest gift you can give a farm mom . . . someone else to clean up/take care of the no-longer-easy-to-identify dead thing in the barn!!!
Happy Birthday to me :)
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Just a reminder that our first clinic of 2013 is this Sunday and Monday with Lauren Sprieser. Here is the final schedule with just a couple of small changes from the previous version!
Sunday, April 14
3:00 Caroline Stephens and Caruso (longe lesson)
3:45 Sydney Stephens and Glory
4:30 Michaela Bethard and Boundary
5:15 Caroline Stephens and Three Times
6:00 Molly Watson and Chippy
Monday, April 15
7:00 Caroline Stephens and Glory
7:45 Molly Watson and Chippy
8:30 Caroline Stephens and Caruso (longe lesson)
9:15 Caroline Stephens and Three Times
I apologize in advance to the auditors for having to watch me ride so many times – I’m taking advantage of the light load and having a little boot camp session with Lauren.