Of course the horsey girl in me loves the idea of some cute new breeches or something for Dutchy for my birthday, but you know you are a farm mom when this is what makes the top five wish list:
5. Getting to ride in the outdoor on a sunny, 60 degree day with a slight breeze, no flies, and freshly groomed footing! (For those who snow ski, it's like being the first one on the slopes on a not completely freezing morning!)
4. Not cleaning up any poop of any kind for an entire day (luckily I am only left with 4 legged poop these days as my two legged creatures all sufficiently wipe their own bottoms now :).
3. Getting a hot shower before 10:00 pm without interruption or hearing the word, "MOM!"
2. No rain so all horses can stay outside for the day, which translates into #4 and no crazies the next day.
1. And the greatest gift you can give a farm mom . . . someone else to clean up/take care of the no-longer-easy-to-identify dead thing in the barn!!!
Happy Birthday to me :)
Post a Comment